You are here
Working at Height Online Course
Who is the course for?
This eLearning course is aimed at individuals required to work at height, risk assess work at height activities, or select equipment for working at height.
Is previous experience required?
You do not need prior knowledge or experience to complete this course and it is assumed that you are competent in your designated role.
How will the course benefit me?
Falls from height can cause serious or even fatal injuries. This course provides an overview of the hazards involved in working at height, and an awareness of how these are assessed and controlled.
The knowledge gained in this course will help you to stay safe when you are required to carry out work at height activities. It will also enable you to select appropriate access equipment for a task and ensure that you are aware of how to use the various access methods safely.
How will the course benefit my company?
By ensuring you are fully aware of the dangers of working at height, you contribute to the safety of the asset, your fellow workers and yourself. A reduction in incidents means a safer working environment for everyone.
What standards are referenced in the course?
This course does not refer to specific legislation or standards but is written to current HSE guidelines and industry best practice.
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 100%.
* Notwithstanding the terms of Clause 3.1 of the attached terms and conditions, the Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling, Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness, NORM/ LSA Scale Awareness, Noise at Work, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Awareness (LOLER), Slips, Trips and Falls, Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS), Dropped Objects, Fire Awareness courses are being granted , subject to a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence for a period of thirty (30) days from acceptance of such terms and conditions and the Licence Term shall be amended accordingly. The Fee in relation to this amended Licence Term shall be £30
• Define working at height
• Recognise common hazards when working at height
• Identify control measures that can reduce risk when working at height
• Outline how to choose access equipment
• Describe how to use ladders safely
• Explain how to use scaffolding safely
• Outline how to use mobile elevated working platforms safely
• Describe how to carry out rope access tasks safely
Adaptive – Assessment at the end of course. For failed questions, you will be asked to review the relevant content before making another attempt at the assessment.
Internet Access - Users will need a computer or device with a web browser and an internet connection.
System - Runs on desktop computers and tablets. Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10 and MAC OS. Apple Tablets running IOS 11.
Browser - Runs on Edge, IE11, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, no plug-ins required
Minimum browser size - 1024x672
Audio – Requires speaker or headphones.
Notes - Not suitable for smartphones.